Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge -Daintree Rainforest Luxury Tour
Explore the oldest living Rainforest in the world, the “Daintree Rainforest” estimated to be over 180 millions years old. The Daintree Rainforest is a time capsule of botanical development and one of the worlds most precious botanical treasures.
The Daintree is a living museum that showcases the evolution of plant life on Earth. Rightly celebrated as the place where the Rainforest meets the sea, it is the world’s last remaining example of warm, moist Rainforest with living examples of ancient plant life that are found nowhere else on the planet.
The Daintree Rainforest covers 1200 square kilometres between Mossman Gorge and the Bloomfield River, situated 2 and a half hours north of Cairns. The World Heritage-listed Daintree is the largest continuous Rainforest area in Australia and is like no other.
This day tour will have you travelling from Cairns to Cape Tribulation (the headlands of the Daintree Rainforest) along one of the most scenic coastal roads in Australia.
Passing through beautiful Palm Cove and continuing your journey north to the seaside village of Port Douglas, where you will enjoy a tour around town plus flagstaff hill overlooking four-mile beach and the historical St Mary’s by the Sea.
On the road again to the magical “Mossman Gorge” surrounded by lush Rainforest, where the clear mountain river cuts through thick Rainforest and tumbles over boulders on its journey to the sea.
Enjoy a morning tea of bush scones then a guided walk in dense tropical Rainforest.
Heading further north towards the Daintree Tea House for a delicious lunch in a setting unlike any other.
After Lunch you will join a small and personalised tour on the Daintree River, taking you through the domain of the large estuarine crocodiles.
Egrets wade near mangroves in the murky water of the river. Look for pythons, tree snakes, butterflies and lots of other wildlife on this cruise.
Crossing the mighty Daintree River on a cable ferry, you are now entering the Cape Tribulation section of the Daintree national park.
This is where it all begins to change. You will feel like you have entered a different world with Rainforest towering over narrow winding roads.
Stopping at Alexandra lookout where you will have to opportunity for some stunning photographs on the way to Cape Tribulation.
Daintree Rainforest Itinerary
- 7.00 – 7.30 am Pickup from your Cairns Accommodation
- Tour of Palm Cove
- Rex lookout: on one of the nicest coastal drives in Australia
- Driving town tour of Port Douglas, including Flagstaff hill lookout overlooking four mile beach
- Spectacular Mossman Gorge: guided walk and swim option (if time or weather permits)
- A delicious lunch, tropical fruit tasting
- Morning Tea
- Daintree River Cruise: try your luck at Crocodile and wildlife spotting
- World Heritage Rainforest/Areas
- Fully guided walks- Rainforest Boardwalks in a unique environment of rainforest Alexandra lookout–coastal views over Daintree River mouth, Low Isles, Snapper Island and beyond to the Great Barrier Reef
- Cape Tribulation beach: “where the rainforest meets the reef”
- Daintree Ice cream company- optional and popular local stop (own expense)
- Daintree River cable ferry crossing
- Returns to Cairns approximately 6.30 pm
- (Itinerary is subject to change due to weather, operational or unforseen issues)
Daintree Rainforest Inclusions
- Small group, offering unrivalled, friendly and personalised service
- Air Conditioned comfortable late models vehicles
- Mossman Gorge
- Daintree River Cruise
- Daintree Ferry
- Morning Tea & Lunch
- National Park Fees & Permits
- Experienced Local Guides
- Interpretation: friendly, knowledgeable Naturalist/Eco/World Heritage accredited guides
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Cash for optional purchases
- Water & Water Bottle
- Insect Repellent
- Rain coat/Umbrella if looks like rain
*Please note seasonal weather conditions and operational requirements may cause a variation in the tour itinerary. *Childrens prices are for ages 4-14 years.
* please note this tour is not suitable for children under 4 years