Cairns Skyrail – Discover Tropical North Queensland’s Rainforest Experience
Located about 20 minutes north of the city of Cairns. The Skyrail spans between the town of Caravonica and Kuranda.
It’s an ideal way to see the rainforest. Offering great flexibility for people who wish to explore Kuranda the “Village in the Rainforest”. You will get to explore Kuranda’s daily craft markets.
The Cairns skyrail experience spans 7.5 kilometres over pristine rainforest. You will be gliding just over a metre above the rainforest canopy. This really is an awesome way to see North Queensland’s rainforest.
With stunning views of Cairns tropical region and the coral sea.
Cairns Skyrail has 2 stations where you will be able to explore the rainforest. Enjoy wandering along the board-walks and visiting scenic look outs.
To combine the Cairns Skyrail with the Scenic Train, click HERE.
When approaching the first rainforest mid station, Red Peak your gondola will descend through the canopy layers and take you deep in the forest
Red Peak Station is 545 metres above sea level our 175 metre boardwalk for provides a wonderful opportunity to explore the rainforest from ground level
Take a complimentary guided boardwalk tour and find out about our fascinating eco-system.
Barron Falls station will provide you with an awesome view of the majestic Barron Falls
Learn about the rainforest at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
A one way Skyrail experience will take approximately 90 minutes to complete so for our return service you should allow at least 2 1/2 hours. Why not spend some time in Kuranda ‘The Village in the Rainforest’ – allow at least another hour or so for a wander.
Return Skyrail Experience, departing from Smithfield or Kuranda.
Tour Includes return transfers from Cairns City Accommodation.
Stops in all above listed stations
The Cairns Skyrail is open every day except for Christmas Day
For a spectacular view upgrade to our unique glass floor gondola allowing our guests a unique prospective of the tree tops and the forest floor below
Diamond view gondolas carry a maximum of 5 passengers and depart stations approximately every 7 minutes
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 40372700
A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to re-schedule or alter a reservation. A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to make amendments to prepaid tour components; including equipment hire, guided tours or course fees
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Children’s prices are from 4 – 11 years of age
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of
damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the
wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other
expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the '
Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team