Cairns City Tour
This Cairns City tour has so much more to offer than the usual City tour. This is a truly rewarding 5.5 hours Half Day tour. It will surpass your highest expectations, guaranteed! Whether you love waterfalls, bird watching, tropical plants, history, Culture or the coast; there’s something for everyone! Our qualified guides are passionate, experienced and very entertaining.
The Cairns City tour is done in the afternoon. Click HERE to visit a tropical island in the morning!
You will explore Cairns city and its history.
So Much To See!
- You will be collected from your Cairns City accommodation. Your half-day afternoon tour begins at the water’s edge at the Cairns Marlin Marina, the Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
- Cairns Highlights. Discover our vibrant city’s history. Immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage unique to Far North Queensland.
- St Monica’s Cathedral. Step inside one of the most breathtaking cathedrals in all of Australia.
St Monica’s Cathedral features the World’s largest themed stained glass windows.
- Cairns Museum (with free-admission to the Cairns Museum during your stay in Cairns)
- Afternoon Tea and Scones at Cafe NOA. Experience a true local delight. Warm, fresh from the oven scones with strawberry jam and cream. With your choice of locally grown Devonshire Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate
- Flecker Botanic Gardens. Enjoy a professional guided walk through the lush Flecker Botanical Gardens. Renowned for having one of the best exhibitions in Australia of tropical plants. Meander through the butterfly lined pathways under the green canopy. Your guide will explain the various plant and wildlife you see along the way.
- Stunning Lookouts. Cairns’ best scenic lookouts. Take the panoramic hillside views from Cairns’the most spectacular vantage points.
- Barron Falls. Enjoy a walk at the lower section of the Barron Gorge National Park, Surprise Creek Falls.
- Palm Cove. Conclude the day leaving the best for last… Simply stunning, Palm Cove. Stroll along the jetty. Feel your toes in the sand as you breathe in the salty sea air. Watch the sunset before returning to your accommodation at 6.00 pm.
So much included in this City tour!
- Small personalized groups
- Accommodation transfers available (rates apply)
- Small air-conditioned coach
- City highlights including flora and fauna
- Professional guided walk in the Flecker Botanic Gardens
- Delicious afternoon tea included
- World-famous “Creation” windows, St Monica’s Cathedral
- Cairns’s best scenic lookouts
- Enjoy spectacular coastal views from Palm Cove jetty
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Credit card for purchases & souvenirs
- Hat and sunscreen
Please note – Wheelie Walkers and mobility scooters are not permitted as our vehicle is not equipped with a luggage area