Cairns Reef Fishing
There’s nothing better than a day out on the water, reeling in a massive catch! Cairns Reef Fishing takes you out to the Great Barrier Reef in search of Coral Trout, Red Emperor, Nannygai, Giant Trevally, Spanish Mackerel, and so many more.
The waters of the Great Barrier Reef are internationally acknowledged as some of the best fishing grounds in the world. With this in mind, get ready for some of the best fishing of your life!
Go with the ones who know where to fish
Both locally owned and family operated, Cairns Reef Fishing has the inside scoop! Together with years of experience, the crew on your boat will take you to the best fishing spots out of Cairns.
Over 2000 GPS fishing spots marked!
Whether you’re a novice or an old hand, get ready to land your very own prize catch!
A full range of high-quality fishing equipment is provided, including new Fin Nor, Shimano, and Penn reels, as well as handlines for those who prefer this method. Cairns Reef Fishing handcraft all of its rigs and is constantly improving its fishing techniques and equipment. The knowledgeable staff will gladly show you how to use all of the equipment.
In other words, Cairns Reef Fishing gives you the best chance of catching the best fish on the reef!
Comfortable, fully equipped, purpose-built fishing vessels
Cruise in style and comfort, no matter the time of year or weather!
Quality, well-maintained fishing gear is provided, as well as drinking water and a delicious lunch
What’s more, whatever you catch will be cleaned and bagged in ice for you to take home!
Prefer to stay away from the waves?
- Check-in at Marlin Marina, Finger D at 6:30 am sharp
- Head out to sea! Your tour goes anywhere within a 50km radius of Cairns – wherever the fish are is where you will go! In the meantime, sit back and enjoy the ride.
- Enjoy lunch at sea
- Finally, catch in hand, return to the Marina between 3:30 – 4:00 that afternoon
- Quality fishing tackle, rods and reels or hand lines
- Tea, coffee, water and croissants
- Cairns Reef Fishing water bottle
- Delicious lunch consisting of cold meats, salads and fresh bread rolls
- Fresh fruit & fresh prawns
- Your catch cleaned and bagged for you to take home Reef taxes and levies
What to bring
- Towel, hat, sunscreen, swimwear, and sunglasses
- BYO Alcohol (no glass please), refrigeration provided
There’s currently a Fuel Levy of $200 per boat for private charters, in place until 1st April 2023.