Do you want to experience something incredible? Then a visit to Cairns Aquarium is for you! It is a great way to sample 2 World Heritage-listed areas at once! The Great Barrier Reef as well as the Wet Tropics of Far North Queensland. It is a place of learning, fun and discovery.
Cairns Aquarium is the only aquarium in the world dedicated to the species and habitats of this incredible region.
You will discover over 16,000 creatures from the reef and rainforest. Immerse yourself in the five unique habitats which are on display.
It is perfect to wander through the many different habitats at your own speed. At Cairns Aquarium, we love to share our knowledge. So while you are at the Aquarium, you can enjoy the fun and informative presentations offered throughout the day.
However, maybe you would like to visit the Cairns Aquarium after hours! Aquarium by Twilight gives you after-hours entry, a 2-hour Ecologist guided tour, canapes and drink served in the Oceanarium followed by dinner and dessert in Dundee’s Restaurant!
After this great introduction at the Cairns Aquarium, head out to the Great Barrier Reef to see it all up close and personal! Click HERE for more information.
Home to our Freshwater Sawfish, the iconic Barramundi, and Whiptail Ray.
A rainforest inside an Aquarium?! Spot our Tropical Snakes, Emerald tree Monitors, and Frogs living amongst the jungle.
Learn about the fascinating biodiversity of the mangrove habitat. Find baby crocs while you stroll along the boardwalk!
Great Barrier Reef
Take in the sheer expanse and beauty of Australia’s only 10 metre Deep Reef Tank!
Immerse yourself in the 20 metre Underwater Viewing Tunnel. Featuring a 360° view Oceanarium.
- 12:00 Shark and Ray Feeding presentation. Held in the Ocean Room.
- 13:00 River Monsters presentation. Held in the River Monsters Amphitheater.
- 14:00 Denizens Of The Deep presentation. Held in the Deep Reef Amphitheater.
- ALL DAY Marine Touch Tank, Level 1.
Aquarium by Twilight
- 15:45 Arrive at Cairns Aquarium – time to choose your drink, main and dessert
- 16:00 Ecologist guided twilight tour
- 17:30 Drink and canapes served in the Oceanarium
- 18:00 – 19:30 dinner and dessert at Dundee’s Restaurant
- Upgrade and include a 2-course lunch (main meal with a choice of a soft drink OR dessert) at the famous Dundees Restaurant. (NOT available Monday or Tuesday)
- Coffee, morning or afternoon tea all available at Dundees Restaurant (NOT available Monday or Tuesday)
How to get there
The Cairns Aquarium is located right in the centre of Cairns on the corner of Abbott Street and Florence Streets.