Indigenous Cultural Beach Walk and Talk Experience
At your meeting place a Kuku Yalanji Traditional Custodian will greet you and introduce you to their homeland of stunning Cooya Beach. This Indigenous Cultural Beach Walk and Talk Experience is in stunning Tropical North Queensland. Here they continue to maintain their heritage and practise their cultural activities of hunting and gathering daily.
After explaining the cultural importance of this country, your guide will introduce you to spear throwing and handling for fishing as it is still practised here today.
Hunt & Gather
You will then follow your indigenous guide with a spear each along Cooya Beach observing cultural medicine and food plants. Your guide will take you along with them into the mangroves and onto the mudflats as they continue their daily spear fishing and food gathering for their families.
After approximately 2 hours of cultural activities on the beach, mudflats and coastal walking you will return with your guide to see Kuku Yalanji artefacts and hear rare stories from their traditional land and heritage while they prepare their daily food for you and their families.
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to re-schedule or alter all or part of a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
No refund Policy for this tour
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Children’s prices are from 4 – 11 years of age
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team